Platform Business Models - Harnessing Digital Markets for Disruptive Innovation
Massive new startups like Uber taxis, Airbnb and many more are pioneering the ‘On Demand Economy’, implementing a Cloud-based On Demand Business Framework which overlays a ‘digital mesh’ across a marketplace of vendors, such as taxi drivers or travel accommodation.
The repeatable secret sauce is the Platform Business Model, described in detail through academic literature and popular business books, for example the MIT book 'Platform Revolution' describes these hyper-scale disruptors like Netflix, Uber, Airbnb, Facebook, Twitter et al, as the book describes:
"Facebook, PayPal, Alibaba, Uber-these seemingly disparate companies have upended entire industries by harnessing a single phenomenon: the platform business model."
- The Platform Revolution - Background and academic overview.
- XaaP! It's the Platform Business Model - Analysis of the model in real-world action, like 'GaaP' - Government as a Platform.
- Platform Architecture - Central design models for implementing Platform.
- Digital Marketplace Platforms - A focus specifically on building Digital Markets.
- Economic Marketplaces - Harnessing the Platform Model for Economic Development.
Our ebook explores the Platform Business Model from this academic base into the commercial world, analyzing real-world implementtions across sectors including Government, Telco and Banking.