- Kubernetes Will Break Away From the Pack of Container Schedulers
- Containers Will Increasingly Use Virtualization Technologies
- Container Persistence Technologies Will Mature and Start Seeing Production Use
- The Number of Container Security Solutions Will Explode
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Will Get the Credit it Deserves
On Kubernetes specifically he anticipates the platform emerges as the market leader:
In 2016, a three-horse race emerged in the container scheduler space between Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos. We predict that Kubernetes will take the lead in 2017.
VMware Cloud Native
Their own activities in the space include their core product offerings, their partnership with Pivotal to develop 'a single, integrated solution, the Pivotal-VMware Cloud-Native Stack is a combination of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and VMware Photon Platform technologies', as well as their own Cloud Native blog, including a helpful deep dive on containers.
- A complete cloud-native software stack that's friendly to developers and IT operators out-of-the-box.
- Container-optimized cloud platform which delivers on-demand tools and services for developers to build, test, and run modern applications.
- A container engine, an enterprise container registry and management portal - IT Ops can natively support containers in their virtualized environments.